Hey lovely people. Today is my birthday, and seeing how I mostly write about writing and books, I thought I’d take the time (as I did last year) to say hello and share a few things about myself.
After all, if one cannot talk about oneself on her birthday, then few things make sense. Right? Right.
1. At this
point, I have no idea what my natural hair color is. It’s somewhere between brunette and dark blond… at least I’d like to think it is.
2. Last year I shared that I thought about writing picture books based off of things my oldest says, but I didn’t think I was cut out for it. Since then, I’ve written four based on my kiddos and have to admit I’m in love with writing them these days.
3. For the past few months I couldn’t tell you how many batches of different kinds of muffins I’ve made.
4. I am 32 weeks pregnant with my third boy. Yep. Third BOY. And I am SO excited (and ready to be done).
5. I am the middle of three girls.
6. For the first time, I’ve shelved a true WIP. I was a good half of the way into writing a book and after two years of trying had to shelf it. As soon as I made that decision, I got a new idea and it is occupying my mind most of the time these days.
7. I have given in to living in Arizona. As my husband and I bought a house for our family here, I really have no choice.
8. My husband and I have been together (if you want to do it from dating-time) for ten years.
9. Initially I committed myself to one genre of writing, and have realized that I don’t need to do that. Writers gonna write what they NEED to write– and sometimes that’s all over the place!
10. We had our first 100 degree day on Sunday. It was depressing.
11. Just realized some of these aren’t really about myself.
12. My favorite color is YELLOW. It has been since I was at least three (just ask my parents). It’s the happiest of colors to me. Not a Taxi yellow, but a daisy/sunflower/pastel yellow.
13. We painted the guest room in our new house yellow, and I have dreams of making part of it my office at some point.
14. In about two weeks we have family visiting: my parents, in-laws, and sister-in-law as well. They are ALL staying with us.
15. I am an absolute control freak. I have my good days and bad days, but my husband likes to tell me to “do the Elsa” and let things go. Sometimes it works. Lots of times it doesn’t.
16. My favorite dinner is honestly what my husband is called our “European night.” Basically we get a bunch of gourmet meats, cheeses, a loaf of bread, some fruit, and (when I’m not pregnant) wine and we veg out with a movie or one of our favorite shows.
17. My favorite flowers are sunflowers and hibiscus. I intend to have them both in our new backyard eventually.
18. I love talking writing and strategy with other writers, but at the same time struggle. I recently became a planner, though I’ve always been a pantser.
19. Even though we have two boys and one on the way, as well as a doggie “baby” named Luna– I really miss having a cat.
20. I dream of having an Alice in Wonderland themed tea-party for a birthday party. Still. Someday.
21. I’m pretty awful at keeping up with housework when I have a good book idea brewing.
22. It’s a toss-up between coffee and tea for me during the day, but coffee is the only thing for me when I first get up.
23. I’m a genuine morning person and Monday-lover. Did I just lose you as a follower?
24. Keeping fresh flowers in the house really help brighten my days.
25. My favorite book I’ve read so far this year is a tie between The Hate U Give and All The Missing Girls. Nonfiction it has definitely been Present over Perfect.
26. I go back and forth between still thinking I’m 25 and just telling people I’m almost 30.
27. I’m genuinely okay with being in my late 20s.
28. Still attempting to make a splash with #Writerslifeapparel and loving it.